This event, now in its 13th year, brings together international leaders from industry, academia and government laboratories working in multiphase flow sciences to discuss current research projects and discuss future research and development needs in Multiphase Flow Science including gas-solid, liquid-solid, gas-liquid, and gas-solid-liquid multiphase flow. Industrial presenters are encouraged to attend and to share their experiences and specific applications in this area.
Tuesday August 6 and Wednesday August 7, 2019 will be dedicated to technical presentations. On Thursday August 8, 2019, NETL researchers will provide demonstration and training sessions on the latest release of NETL’s MFiX Software Suite and associated software toolsets.
Call for Presentations: You are invited to submit a brief abstract for
a 15-minute presentation to be provided during the technical sessions on August 6 and 7, 2019. Abstracts for Posters are welcomed as well. Please submit your abstract by May 15, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The final agenda will follow by June 15, 2019. Due to the limited number of time slots available for presentations, the organizing committee may ask the presentation author(s) to provide a poster instead of a PowerPoint presentation.
The conference will cover topics in:
- Fundamental research in multiphase flows
- Advancements in CFD model development for multiphase flows
- Application of multiphase CFD to industrial systems such as gasification, combustion, fossil fuel extraction and utilization, chemical processes, etc.
- Novel measurement techniques in multiphase flows
- Application of uncertainty quantification techniques in multiphase flow simulation
- Optimization and reduced order modeling of multiphase systems
Please see https://mfix.netl.doe.gov/workshops/ for proceedings from past workshops.
For questions regarding program technical content and presentations please contact:
William A. Rogers
Phone: (304) 285-4272
For questions regarding meeting logistics please contact:
Karen Blaney, Events Manager
NETL Event Management
Phone: (304) 285-4750