Mission and Overview
Driving innovation and delivering solutions for an environmentally sustainable and prosperous energy future:
- Ensuring affordable, abundant and reliable energy that drives a robust economy and national security, while
- Developing technologies to manage carbon across the full life cycle, and
- Enabling environmental sustainability for all Americans.
To be the nation’s premier energy technology laboratory, delivering integrated solutions to enable transformation to a sustainable energy future.
- People – We respect and use our experience and skills and appreciate our diversity. We practice inclusion and create inclusive processes to derive the greatest value from our greatest asset, the workforce.
- Business Excellence – We are fiscally responsible and actively pursue best business practices.
- Safety – We hold safety as an unwavering institutional and personal responsibility at all levels of the organization. We protect our people and our communities through a commitment to safe work practices.
- Communication – We share information freely across all levels of the organization.
- Leadership and Teamwork - We seek leadership and teamwork throughout the organization. We value active participation and demonstrate respect for each other.
- Stakeholders – We practice timely and open communication with our public stakeholders and collaborators and actively improve our services.
- Environmental Consciousness – We make informed decisions that value the environment and comply with environmental laws, regulations and agreements; and we demonstrate respect for the environment.
Driving innovation and delivering solutions.