CCS and Power Systems
Carbon Storage - Carbon Use and Reuse
Utilization of CO2 in High Performance Building and Infrastructure Products
Performer: Solidia Technologies Inc.
Project No: FE0004222
- A business analysis of LTS materials entry into high-end countertop materials market was completed. The analysis suggests LTS material has the potential to be competitive with stone counter tops, primarily because of direct and indirect cost savings that could be realized from LTS materials improved strength and lighter weight.
- A milling machine was acquired and successfully used in experiments that correlated SC particle size was successfully correlated to the reaction rate.
- Various parameter configurations were investigated that led to optimized carbonation reactions rate and yield.
- The research team developed analytical techniques capable of tracking the hydrothermal reaction throughout the solidification and drying process.
- Completed measurements of sample drying to optimize 1) curing systems tailored for specific pre-cast concrete parts; 2) the measurement of concrete part drying times; and 3) the in-situ observation of drying uniformity.