Gasification Systems - Gasifier Optimization Main Area
Development of High-Pressure Dry Feed Pump for Gasification Systems
Project No.: DE-FC26-04NT42237
||High-Pressure Solids Pump
Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne (PWR) is developing a high-pressure dry feed pump, including the detailed design, construction, and testing of a 600 ton-per-day (tpd) prototype. The PWR feed pump has the potential to significantly improve the availability and efficiency of feeding dry coal/petcoke/biomass into high-pressure gasifiers, thereby increasing the efficiency of the gasifier and reducing plant capital, maintenance, and operating costs. The ability to feed high-moisture coals without the debit of additional water required for slurry feeding may make these types of coal more commercially viable for gasification.
|Related Papers and Publications:
- Development of High-Pressure Dry Feed Pump for Gasification Systems Fact Sheet [PDF-889KB] (Jan 2012)
- Linear Extrusion 400 Tons/Day Dry Solids Pump, June 1, 2006 - April 30, 2008 [PDF-1.05MB] September 2008)
- Dry Coal Feed System and Multi-Element Injector Test Report, June 1, 2007 - October 31, 2007 [PDF-422KB] (Feb 2008)
- CANMET Gasifier Liner Coupon Material Test Report, November 1, 2005 - January 31, 2007 [PDF-3.8MB] (Feb 2007)
- Advanced Gasifier Pilot Plant Concept Definition, October 1, 2004 - October 30, 2005 [PDF-1.7MB] (Sept 2006)
- Dry Coal Feed System and Multi-Element Injector Test Plan, August 1, 2005 - August 30, 2006 [PDF-1.2MB] (Aug 2006)
- Conceptual Design of an Ultra-Dense Phase Injector and Feed System, August 1, 2005 - March 30, 2006 [PDF] (Apr 2006)
- CANMET Gasifier Liner Coupon Material Test Plan, October 1, 2004 - August 30, 2005 [PDF-2MB] (Nov 2005)
- For further information on this project, contact the NETL Project Manager, K. David Lyons.