Gasification Systems - Gasifier Optimization and Plant Supporting Systems
NETL Office of Research and Development
Project Number: FWP-2012.03.03 Task 2
Presentations, Papers, and Publications
- Kwong, K.S., Nakano, J., and Bennett, J.; "A slag management system for gasification operation," presented at TMS 2013 (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society), San Antonio, TX, March 3-7, 2013.
- Nakano, J., Bennett, J., Song, X, Kwong, and K.S.; "The effect of high vanadium content in coal-petcoke mixtures on the stability of solids in gasification slags" was presented at TMS 2013 (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society), San Antonio, TX, March 3-7, 2013.
- Gasification Modeling Activities at the National Energy Technology Laboratory (Oct 2012)
Presented by Chris Guenther, Gasification Technologies Conference, October 28-21, 2012, Washington DC.
- Failure Mechanisms in High Chrome Oxide Gasifier Refractories
J.P. Bennett and K.S. Kwong; Met. and Mat. Trans. A; Vol 42, No. 4; pp 888-914.
- Interactions of refractory materials with molten gasifier slags
J. Nakano, S. Sridhar, J. Bennett, K.S. Kwong, T. Moss, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 36 (2011): 4595-4604.
- A New Generation of Refractories to Enable Gasifier Fuel Flexibility
J.P. Bennett, K.S. Kwong, H. Thomas, and R. Krabbe; CIMTEC 2010.
- Improved Lining Material for Gasifiers Could Lead to Wider Commercialization of Clean and Efficient Energy Technology
DOE - Fossil Energy Techline, Nov 2009.
- Interactions between Slag and High Chrome Oxide Refractory Liners in Slagging Gasifiers
J. Bennett, K.S. Kwong, A.V. Petty, R. Krabbe, and H. Thomas; publication and presentation at the 25th International Pittsburgh Coal Conference; Sept 30-Oct. 2, 2008; Pittsburgh, PA.
Back to Project Description