Industrial Capture and Storage (ICCS): Area 1
Archer Daniels Midland Company - Industrial Carbon Capture and Sequestration
Archer Daniels Midland Company:
CO2 Capture from Biofuels Production and Sequestration into the Mt. Simon Sandstone
PROJECT FACT SHEET
Archer Daniels Midland Company - Final Environmental Assessment
Archer Daniels Midland Company - Finding of No Significant Impact
CONSTRUCTION PHOTOS [PDF-1.5MB]
PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Sai Gollakota, Highlights of the DOE-Sponsored Major Carbon Sequestration Projects, Presented at the Association of Rural Electric Generating Cooperatives (AREGC) Annual Conference, Salt Lake City, June 6-7, 2011. [PDF-1.12MB]
- Industrial Carbon Capture, Storage Project Begins Construction, Recovery Act Funded Project to Store 1 Million Tons of CO2 per Year, Fossil Energy Today, p.1, Issue 4, 4th quarter, 2011.
- Community Outreach and CCUS - An Overview of How One Project is Helping to Educate the Public, Fossil Energy Today, p.10, Issue 5, 1st quarter, 2012.
- Scott McDonald, Illinois Industrial Carbon Capture and Storage Project: Project Overview, Lessons, & Future Plans, Presented at theCarbon Sequestration Leadership Forum, Bergen, Norway, June 2012.
- Sai Gollakota and Scott McDonald, Industrial CO2 Storage in Mt. Simon Sandstone Saline Reservoir - A Large-Scale Demonstration Project in Illinois, Proceedings of the 11th Annual Conference on Carbon Capture Utilization & Sequestration, April 30 - May 3, 2012, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. [PDF-724KB] (May 2012)
- Sai Gollakota and Scott McDonald, Industrial CO2 Storage in Mt. Simon Sandstone Saline Reservoir - A Large-Scale Demonstration Project in Illinois, Presentation made at the 11th Annual Conference on Carbon Capture Utilization & Sequestration, April 30 - May 3, 2012, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. [PDF-1.32MB] (May 2012)
- National Sequestration Education Center Opens in Illinois-Offers the Nation’s First Associate Degree in CCUS, Fossil Energy Today, p.1, Issue 8, 4th quarter, 2012.
- International Carbon Storage Body Praises Department of Energy Projects, NETL Techline, November 8, 2012.
- David Larrick and Douglas Brauer, CCUS Education and Outreach at the National Sequestration Education Center, Decatur, Illinois, Paper presented at the Twelfth Annual Conference on Carbon Capture, Utilization and Sequestration, Pittsburgh, May 2013. [PDF-264KB]
- Sai Gollakota, U.S.-Canada Clean Energy Delegation Visits the Illinois Industrial CCS Project in Decatur, NETL Plugged In, June 2013. [PDF-578KB]
- Sai Gollakota and Scott McDonald, Carbon Dioxide Capture, Utilization, and Storage: An Emerging Economic Opportunity for Fuel Ethanol Plants in the U.S., Presentation made at the International Fuel Ethanol Workshop & Expo, St. Louis, June 2013. [PDF-2.40MB]
- Sai Gollakota and Scott McDonald’s Interview with Ethanol Producer Magazine, Prime Candidates: Ethanol plants offer opportunities to expand carbon storage and utilization, May 10, 2012.
- Sai Gollakota and Scott McDonald, CO2 capture from ethanol production and storage into the Mt Simon Sandstone, Greenhouse Gases- Science & Technol. 2:346–351 (2012).
- Sai Gollakota and Scott McDonald, DOE and ADM Illinois project advances, Carbon Capture Journal, p.2-4, Issue 32, March/April 2013.