CCS and Power Systems
Advanced Energy Systems - Hydrogen Turbines
Air-Riding Seal Technology for Advanced Gas Turbine Engines
Performer: Florida Turbine Technologies Inc.
Project No: SC0008218
- Proved the ARS's functionality to operate with significantly reduced leakage rates over a range of pressures.
- Matched analytical results, 3D CFD and 1D hand calculations, to test data demonstrating understanding of the physical behavior of the technology.
- Developed technology maturation concepts based upon analytical models rooted to test data.
- Created engine performance models to illustrate the potential benefit of $7.2 million per year for a single utility scale engine with the ARS technology installed.
- Awarded Phase II SBIR to take the technology from technology readiness level (TRL) 2/3 to 5/6.