CCS and Power Systems
Advanced Energy Systems - Gasification Systems
Recovery Act: Development of Ion-Transport Membrane Oxygen Technology for Integration in IGCC and Other Advanced Power Generation Systems
Performer: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Project No: FC26-98FT40343
- Developed a stable, high-flux material and achieved the commercial flux target under anticipated commercial operating conditions.
- Produced commercial-size ITM wafers in large quantities and used them to build commercial-scale modules.
- The 5 TPD SEP was operated for over 1,000 days; commercial flux targets were achieved or surpassed, and product purity exceeded 99 percent.
- Completed design, construction, and commissioning of the 100 TPD ISTU facility. Facility is in start-up.
- Completed the design, construction and commissioning of the CerFab facility. Production development work is underway.
- Completed the conceptual design and cost analysis of a 2000 TPD Oxygen Development Facility (ODF) in preparation for future demonstration efforts.