Reasonably Describe Records
Describe the specific record(s) you seek with sufficient detail that a knowledgeable official of the activity may locate the record with a reasonable amount of effort. Such detail should include: dates, titles, file designations, and offices to be searched.Since most DOE records are not retained permanently, the more information that you provide, the better the opportunity there is to determine if the records involved still exist and where. The FOIA clearly states that records must exist at the time the request is submitted.
Specify preferred form or format:
Type of Requester
and the request is made as part of news gathering and not for commercial use.
Fees and Fee Waivers
Your request must include a statement that (1) you agree to pay any fees that may be incurred to process the request; (2) stipulates an amount you are willing to pay; or (3) requests a specific waiver or reduction of fees.Please select the statement that applies:*
If you request a waiver or reduction of fees, we will consider the following six factors to make a determination. Please provide information that addresses these factors:
1. The subject of the request: Whether the subject of the requested records concerns 'the operations or activities of the government.'
2. The informative value of the information to be disclosed: Whether the disclosure is 'likely to contribute' to an understanding of government operations or activities.
3. The contribution to an understanding by the general public of the subject likely to result from disclosure, taking into account your ability and intent to disseminate the information to the public in a form that can further understanding of the subject matter.
4. The significance of the contribution to public understanding: Whether the disclosure is likely to contribute 'significantly' to public understanding of government operations or activities.
5. The existence and magnitude of a commercial interest: Whether the requester has a commercial interest that would be furthered by the requested disclosure, and, if so
The primary interest in disclosure: Whether the magnitude of the identified commercial interest of the requester is sufficiently large, in comparison with the public interest in disclosure, that disclosure is 'primarily in the commercial interest of the requester.'
Expedited ProcessingI request expedited processing of the request and provide a justification below. I believe a compelling need exists to warrant expedited processing because there is:
Please provide your specific justification for expedited processing: